Order to your home
The library offers students home delivery service of the following materials:
- Books from the library (sent by mail) - service provided only in Israel
- Scanned journal articles (by email)
- Scanned pages from a book (by email)
Ordering books by mail
- OUI students can order delivery of up to 4 books by registered mail/courier service (weight: up to 2 kg) from the library collection
- Any book in the library catalog that is available for loan (status = "Regular") can be ordered - check the status of the book before ordering and make sure a copy is available
- When ordering several books, it is recommended to submit consecutive orders so as to minimize the number of deliveries
- Books are loaned for 14 days and may be renewed (in accordance with the library loan policy)
Book orders submitted by 11am are handled on the same day. Those submitted after 11am are handled the following day. No deliveries are made on Fridays.
- Registered mail: 3-4 business days
- Courier service: up to 72 hours
- Books must be returned to the library by registered mail or directly to the loan desk by their due date. A late return will incur a 5 NIS fine per item, per day (including weekends and holidays).
Ordering scanned journal articles
A journal article from the University library
OUI students can order a scan of a journal article of which the library holds a printed copy. This service does not include articles available electronically. Before ordering, check if an electronic copy is available (using the library catalog or TD-Net). The article will be sent by email, usually within 3 business days.
A journal article from another university
OUI students can order a scan of a journal article available in other academic libraries. Before ordering, check if an electronic copy is available (using TD-Net). The article will be sent by email, usually within 7 business days.
Ordering pages from a book
OUI students can order a scan of pages from books held at the University library or other academic libraries in Israel. According to copyright law, the number of scanned pages is limited to 50, and cannot exceed 10% of the book. Before ordering, check if the book is listed in the library catalog and is available. For books that have been lent out or are not listed in the catalog, check the ULI Israel Union List to find a copy in other academic libraries. The pages scanned will be sent by email.
What cannot be ordered
The following materials cannot be ordered:
- Scans that violate copyright law (excluding scans from books published by the Open University)
- Part of a journal article
- Articles from the daily press
With questions regarding book orders, email or call 972-9-7781532.
With questions regarding scanned materials, email or call 972-9-7781533.