Organizational Structure and Officeholders
Chancellor - Supreme Court Chief Justice (ret.) Dorit Beinisch
The Chancellor is the head of the University and Chairman of the Council
Deputy Chancellor - The Rt. Hon. Lord Rothschild
Replaces the Chancellor in his absence
Vice-Chancellor - Prof. Abraham Ginzburg
Replaces the Chancellor and the Deputy Chancellor in their absence
Chairman of the Executive Committee - Mr. Zeev Abeles
Heads the Executive Committee
President of the Open University - Prof. Jacob (Kobi) Metzer
The academic and administrative head of the University; Chair of the Senate, Chair of the Faculty Council
Vice President for Academic Affairs - Prof. Tamar Hermann
Responsible for all the academic aspects of the activities of the University; replaces the President in her absence
Director General - Mr. Amit Streit
Responsible for the administrative and financial affairs of the University; the publishing house, the computer center and the extra-academic departments.
Dean of Academic Studies - Prof. Bat-Zion Eraqi Klorman
Deals with university-wide and inter-departmental issues related to studies at the Open University
Dean of Research - Prof. Miriam Souroujon
Deals with all issues related to research at the Open University
Dean of Development and Educational Technology - Prof. Sarah Guri-Rosenblit
Deals with course development and the integration of technologies into teaching
The Council of the Open University of Israel is the supreme authority of the University and is vested with all the powers thereof, unless otherwise determined by the Statutes or the General Regulations. The Council is headed by the Chancellor. The President of the University and the Vice President for Academic Affairs are members of the Council by virtue of their positions.
The Executive Committee is appointed by the Council from among its members and is responsible for planning, implementation, direction, and supervision. The Executive Committee is responsible to the Council. The Chairman of the Executive Committee reports to the Council on the Committee's activities.
The Senate is the supreme academic body of the University and is responsible for the determination of academic standards, and strives to maintain the standard of the University's academic activity, especially that of the academic faculty and the academic study programs. It outlines the plans for academic development. The Senate is headed by the President of the University.
- Humanities - Dr. Mati Meyer, Chair
- Mathematics and Computer Science - Prof. David Lorenz, Chair
- Natural Sciences - Prof. Yoram Kirsh, Chair
- Engineering - Prof. Abraham Ginzburg, Chair
- Social Sciences - Dr. Dennis Charbit, Chair
- Management and Economics - Dr. Mordechai Schwarz, Chair
- Sociology, Political Science and Communication - Prof. Tamar Hermann, Chair
- Education and Psychology - Dr. Ronit Gronau-Bitan, Chair
- Bridges to Other Universities – Prof. Tamar Hermann, Chair
- Study Program Approval - Prof. Aviva Halamish, Chair
- Accreditation - Prof. Daphna Ephrat, Chair
The Disciplinary Committee is composed of three members: the member of the academic faculty appointed to oversee disciplinary matters, together with his two deputy supervisors - a member of the University faculty and a student of the Open University of Israel. The role of the Committee is to deliberate regarding complaints submitted against students who have ostensibly committed disciplinary violations.
- Chair of the Disciplinary Committee - Dr. Yuval Ayalon
- Members of the Disciplinary Committee - Adv. Ido Leshem, Yaakov Skolnik CPA, Dr. Ela Zur, Adv. Sagi Gershgoren, CPA
- Student Members of the Disciplinary Committee (in rotation) - Eli Grechicov, Nir Carmi, Yisrael Livni, Meni Aboudi, Dvir Goldstein (by rotation)
The Disciplinary Court of Appeal is composed of three members: the Head of the Court who is a member of the Senate, together with two members - a member of the academic faculty or a member of the University's junior faculty and a student appointed from a list of ten students recommended by the Students' Association.
- Head of the Disciplinary Court of Appeal - Prof. Zeev Nutov
The Faculty Council is composed of all senior faculty members, the President of the Unversity, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Faculty Council examines and discusses academic issues and affairs of the University. Its recommendations and suggestions are submitted by the President to the rlevant University bodies.