The Research Authority encourages research among faculty members by helping them find external sources of funding and submitting applications to these funds. In addition, the Authority encourages research by providing direct support through grants, scholarships and courses for research purposes. The Research Authority accumulates and disseminates information on sources of funding, and is responsible for financial and administrative monitoring of research proposals submitted via the Authority which received funding.
The Steering Committee of the Research Authority, chaired by the Dean of Research, is composed of four senior faculty members appointed by the President. The Steering Committee is responsible for the Authority's academic activities, the allocation of funds, and the review of applications to the internal fund. The Director of the Research Authority is responsible for the administrative activities of the Authority.
- Dean of Research - Prof. Anat Barnea (e-mail)
- Steering Committee - Prof. David Lorenz, Dr. Zeev Rosenhek, Dr. Yuval Eylon
- Director - Dr. Milly Perry (e-mail)
- Account Executive - Dr. Daphna Idelson (e-mail)
- Account Executive - Shimon Ben-Ezra (e-mail)
- Secretary and Information Officer - Eva Friman (e-mail)